Thursday, September 01, 2005

Call Me "Lois Lane"

I heard from my CW editor that I should be getting copyedits on T in about 2 weeks. Can't wait!

In the meantime, I'm going to work on a related article(s). Or at least get started. I try to do a couple of articles a year that spring from my own writing. They've been published in such venues as Book Links, Library Talk, The Horn Book, and the Journal of Children's Literature in addition to more mainstream outlets like Better Homes & Garden and Career World magazine.

I enjoy being part of the dialogue within the industry and raising awareness of it beyond. Plus, as a trained journalist, I appreciate the opportunity to put that hat back on every now and again. It also raises awareness of my name and work, I suppose, which may increase the odds of receiving event invitations or interview requests.

The 4th is my 11th wedding anniversary, and so I fully intend to take some time off this weekend to play with GLS. This reminds me, if you don't read cynsations (and why not?), there are new online interviews with him here and here (scroll for update).

Comic O The Week: Wonder Woman #220 (guest starring Batman).