Friday, September 15, 2006

Santa Is In The House

What an exciting couple of days! My author copies of Santa Knows, co-authored by Greg Leitich Smith, illustrated by Steve Björkman (Dutton, 2006), have arrived. I can hug them (and I am!).

You know, I've published a number of short stories in various anthologies, but it's been a while since I had a new book out. Indian Shoes was a HarperCollins spring 2002 release. Plus, my last picture book, Jingle Dancer (Morrow/HarperCollins) was published in 2000.

Last night I did a really fun online chat with the Institute of Children's Literature, moderated by Jan Fields, and the transcript is already available online. My apologies for the typos; my fingers were flying fast.

Today I had lunch with the charming Jennifer Ziegler, the debut author of Alpha Dog (Random House, 2006)(excerpt) at Katz's. Now, I must run--crit group tonight; we're serving Chicago-style hot dogs.