Friday, August 27, 2004

Signed In Blood?

Was it signed in blood? Not really. But who doesn't like to read: "Here is your fully signed contract with Candlewick..."? Also, the line about the check "sent to you at the end of the week" is all good.

Begging for forgiveness via email, my new editor promises to have a letter to me by the end of the second week in September or "[m]ay I morph into something with fangs if I fail you."

Hmmm... I'm kind of thinking that maybe I'd be willing to wait yet another week just to see if she comes through with the fangs-morphing thing. I mean, really. That could be fairly entertaining.

What I'm coveting today: Edgar Allen Poe action figure, spotted at Terra Toys (new location on Anderson Lane). It's near the House of Torment, for those in the know.

What else: the witch at Breed & Co. on 29th Street; clap your hands and she cackles. Okay, possibly offensive to Wiccans (sorry, sorry), but there is an oh-so cute factor in that outraged/cooing Willow kind of way. You know what I mean. Bad Cyn.

Current books: just finished THE ORDER OF THE POISON OAK by Brent Hartinger (Harper, 2005), which is a sequel to GEOGRAPHY CLUB; starting SON OF THE MOB: HOLLYWOOD HUSTLE by Gordon Korman (Hyperion, 2004), which is a sequel to SON OF THE MOB.