Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Do I Need Therapy?

I'm from the heartland, so I don't really believe in therapy.

But I had a dream last night that I was in my oldest childhood friend's industrial loft and found a broken chocolate bar on the floor. (She doesn't and has never lived in a loft).

I walked into her bedroom to read, and her ex husband came in with her best friend (the friend just got married and her ex was his best man, so that's probably why I thought of them) to say "hi." They both had "Asian god" faces painted on their chins and chests.

I left to go into the main room and a window frame was slamming against the building. I couldn't get it closed. G appeared behind me, pulled it shut, and fastened the latch.

But then the actual glass began to buckle inward and the building started to fall.

I had a vivid physical sensation of being pressed against the wall and then turned upside down. I remember thinking I was going to die, and I tried to say something but couldn't talk. Woke up shaking. Hell of a way to start the day.