Saturday, April 09, 2005

Julia Roberts

Perhaps you're thinking, But Cyn, Julia Roberts isn't at all spooky.* And I suppose that's true. She's quite lovely really.

However, in the midst of an intense several days of all things book, I took a break tonight to watch "My Best Friend's Wedding" (1997).

I have several observations:
(1) the cell phones were enormous;
(2) the casting people at "Will and Grace" weren't kidding about role modeling;
(3) the film does a great job of showing off Chicago (thus making me home sick);
(4) weddings are as bad as funerals when it comes to drama (and in many of the same ways);
(5) nobody in their right mind would think she should've ended up with that guy in the first place, and obviously the real best friend is the one who's actually there for her when she needs him.

*maybe a bit if you factor in "Mary Reilly."