Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Holiday Hotels

GLS and I had the honor dining with GB at MH this past Friday night at the Driskill Grill, which one of Austin's premier restaurants and located inside The Driskill, our grandest historic hotel.

I ordered a three-course dinner: Texas chop salad (Maytag Bleu cheese, smoked bacon, avocado, crisp plantains); pistachio crusted sea scallop (scallop quenelle, chanterelle mushrooms, truffled herb salad); and pan broiled lobster tail (green onion crepe, lobster grits, smoked almond butter).

Last night we stopped by the lobby lounge at the Four Seasons for cocoa, piano, and to check out the always impressive gingerbread village on display.

Beyond that, I'm home for the holidays and writing steadily on E. It occured to me yesterday that a building plotline was off-focus, too big for this story, competing with its core. So, snip! On the upside, it also occured to me that the cut portion might be just the launching bad I need for U, which is the manuscript to follow. So, I moved it to my ideas file.