Saturday, December 23, 2006

Friends, Fellowship, Cheer

I'm writing as moments offer along with the understanding that it's okay to live a little, especially around the holidays. On Thursday, I used a gift certificate to have a Balinese Stress Relief Wrap at Daya, followed by a manicure. That night GLS and I had dinner with FH and BY at El Gringo. I split the cracker crusted oysters and tequila cured salmon an appetizers and liked the later so much that I ordered it again to split as a desert. Dinner was shrimp and grits, which I enjoyed but would probably try something else next time.

Yesterday, I had a lovely lunch with JW, newly returned from Korea and San Francisco, at Green Pastures. We were seated in the southeast dining room, and our waiter lit a fire for us. After eyeing it many times before, I indulged in the seafood crepes in celebration of the holiday and plan to make annual use of that reasoning for years to come. I also did some shopping at Prima Dora on South Congress and BookPeople at Sixth and Lamar, where I spotted Santa. Last night, we road-tripped with AB and SP to the Hill Country to TC's log home in Travis Peak. It featured a signing clock in the dining room and singing dogs in the bathroom. Dinner was his signature vegetarian tortilla soup with sandwiches and assorted appetizers.