Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Book Is Born

I received my first copy of Tantalize (Candlewick, Feb. 13, 2007) in book form last week, and I'm absolutely wowed by its production.

The cover art is produced in a softer, more romantic light than the image posted here, and the title has a sheen. There's a black page at the front and back and three more plain ones at the back. The new interior art element, the bio of Bradley Sanguini, looks great on page 208. We're looking at 336 pages all together. The size is 5 1/4 x 7 3/4. The total weight is exactly one pound. Look for the double page spread on pages 26-27 of the Candlewick spring-summer 2007 catalog.

In other news, I have a fully signed contract for a second YA gothic fantasy to be published by Candlewick, and I'm working with great enthusiasm to meet my March deadline.

Spooky News & Links

Author Interview: Deborah Wilson Overstreet on Not Your Mother's Vampire: Vampires in Young Adult Fiction from Cynsations. See also Gothic Fantasy for Teens and Tweens.

Remember my post on the mysterious dead birds found on Congress Ave.? This being Austin, some folks had a little fun with the still unexplained incident.

Trendy Titles from ravelda. Fun! My motivation? Having typed Rain Is Not My Indian Name a billion times, my titles have been two words or less (Indian Shoes, Santa Knows, Tantalize) ever since. I only wish I'd had the foresight to shorten my byline. You know...Cher, Avi, Cyn!