Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tiffany Trent's By Venom's Sweet Sting and "Angel: After the Fall"

Congratulations to Tiffany Trent on the release of By Venom's Sweet Sting (Hallowmere Book 2)(Mirrorstone, 2007)! From the promotional copy: "Are Corrine and her friends strong enough to take on the Fey? Following the destruction of Falston, Corrine and her schoolmates embark for Scotland to chase Rory and the stolen rathstone. On the moors of Kenmore, tensions mount between the friends as a new love interest comes into Corrine's life. In the layers of lies and secrets, who can she trust? In this exciting sequel to In the Serpent's Coils, Tiffany Trent delivers a larger-then-life battle between the Fey that readers will never forget." Visit Tiffany at MySpace, read her LJ, and learn more about Hallowmere. Read a Cynsations interview with Tiffany.

I've tardy posting a cheer for "Angel: After the Fall," a new comic series from IDW Publishing that offers "season six," picking up where the TV show left off. I honestly found myself confused by the first couple of installments, but of course that's how I was supposed to feel. Issue #3 leaves me hooked and wondering whether our much-adored Fred is truly and forever gone. And while I appreciated Texan Amy Acker's impressive range as an actor, I'm not especially an Illyria enthusiast.