Friday, May 26, 2006

The Hudsons

Last night GLS and I joined KA (author interview), her husband, and his brother at Waterloo Ice House to hear The Hudsons, an amazing Austin-based band that plays there on Thursday evenings.

The music is as funny as it is smart, at a volume, as GLS said, "where you could hear it through you ears, not your teeth." The three male members of the band all were fantastic, but I'd count myself most a Phoebe fan. She's an incredible musician, singer, and entertainer.

On the restaurant, if you're a burger person, order that. Stay away from the grilled taco chicken salad. It doesn't taste bad, but it's more like shredded lettuce with a hint of chicken a dollop of guacamole and a dollop of sour cream. I'm not sure if they forgot the cheese, or it was simply too scant to be spotted.

Between sets, KA ran with me across the street to what she's calling "The Museum of Modern Food" where I picked up some brown rice sushi--spicy salmon with avocado and tempura shrimp.

It was fabulous to see KA, who gave me a big hug, which made a not-so-great day instantly better.

Update: I smothered the pork with guacamole. I can eat anything with guacamole.