Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Dino Decapitation And Office Supplies

I'm most distressed to report that vandals pushed Mangiasaurus Rex, the dinosaur on top of Mangia's Pizza on Guadalupe Street (the drag), off the roof and onto the parking lot where his head, tail, and at least two limbs broke off! Bad vandals! Never mind that I don't eat pizza; Mangiazilla is an Austin institution. Please note that there is a $1,000 reward for any related info.

Sigh.

More personally, I met with Anne at Sweetish Hill about her middle grade fantasy, combed through the second two pages of my revision letter, typed up my to-do list based on the comments, and--this is very exciting--went shopping for office supplies at Office Depot on South Lamar.

I take my office supplies very seriously.

No way am I attempting to revise again without virgin office supplies.

I purchased a Globe-Weis 3.5", expandable legal three pack of wallets for the version of the manuscript in revision, red and purple two pocket Mead folders (one for the letter, the other for my to-do list), a packet of turquoise, yellow, hot pink, and purple Post-It notes as page markers (because what is life without color coding), and a package of tri-color, heart-shaped Post-Its (because I'm all about the love, baby!). However, I'm most thrilled about the package of three sheets of Mrs. Grossman's stickers in various friendly bat designs.

Dinner was chicken tacos at Magnolia Cafe on Lake Austin Boulevard; watched the season premier of "Smallville" with much appreciation for the Margot Kidder cameo.