Sunday, September 19, 2004

Nightmare

I had a dream last night wherein I was sitting on a yellow, 1950s couch next to a very old woman with flowing white hair and blue eyes. She was talking, not to me, but to the distance, about nothing of consequence. Then she turned and said something that was upsetting enough (I don't remember what) for me to flee from the couch to my husband, who was sitting across the room. Her head began to shrink to the size of an orange as her hair fell out, and she become more verbal, more threatening. Looking for a weapon, I found a spoon, which I threw at her only to have it ricochet back at me. I threw it again, and this time it came back with one of her eyes in it. Again, and on the third time, it returned with a piece of her head, which stuck to my hand, and I couldn't shake it off. That's when I woke up. No more suburban chain Tex-Mex for me.