Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Connoisseur's Guide

New purchases include the Dracula: The Connoisseur's Guide by Leonard Wolf and a T-shirt featuring a wolf howling at the moon from Turquoise Trading Post.

I plan on wearing the T-shirt today to dinner and hope to start in on the book as a reward for outlining my upcoming speeches, though the latter may have to wait until tomorrow.

Driving down Burnet today, I realized that a paragraph that had been cut from the basement scene should probably go back in. I'm going to dig back into the previous draft and see if I can salvage it. I will not at this point write it back into the manuscript, but I will pull it and put it with the print-out in the file.

There's another line that's bothering me too because it includes a specific generational reference. Two actually--boomer and Gen Y, which arguably will date the book. But won't the cell phone references date it anyway? Maybe, maybe not. Will cell phones be called something else in the future? Will they be solar? I don't know. Humph.