Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Bloody Red

Yesterday, I rewarded myself for good behavior with the original soundtrack to "Little Shop of Horrors" from Waterloo Records. I'm personally fond of the "Dentist" song. I realize that I should feel guilty because dentists supposedly have some extraordinarily high suicide rate due to the fact that no one likes them, but I have had two botched oral surgeries, which means my beef isn't (just) prejudice.

That said, in the interests of karma, my favorite dental book is: Open Wide: Tooth School Inside by Laurie Keller (Henry Holt, 2000)(Laurie and I are both former Hallmarkers).

I'm completely fascinated by teeth in part because I was missing a couple as an adult. You guessed it, my would-be fangs. Hence, my vampire envy.

Spooky Link

Bloody Red by A Perfect Red: Empire, Espionage, and the Quest for the Color of Desire by Amy Butler Greenfield (HarperCollins, 2005). For those of you in the area, note that Amy will be signing at The Toadstool Bookshop in Milford, NH at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 21, 2005. Those elsewhere, should contact the booksellers in advance about getting a signed copy.