Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lucy In Disguise

GLS and I joined AB, SP, SM, A (AKA "TCG") for brunch at Katz's (turkey on whole wheat with a side order of scrambled eggs). I was sporting my burnt orange T-shirt that reads "Spooky" from Target. It worked both for Halloween and game day.

Then GLS and I hit Lucy In Disguise With Diamonds on South Congress, which was the inspiration for All The World's A Stage, the costume shop in "A Real-Live Blond Cherokee and His Equally Annoyed Soul Mate" from Moccasin Thunder: American Indian Stories for Today, edited by Lori Marie Carlson (HarperCollins, 2005). (Incidentally, the fictional store is also mentioned in passing in T).

We picked out two amazing costumes and took them home early as part of the Halloween special. Austinites: rent early! It's already a zoo!

Nope, I'm not telling what we'll be yet. It's a surprise.

Spent most of Friday and part of today working on an article on Native lit that will be featured in an upcoming university press book. I'm hopeful to get some feedback on it from the editors and make any necessary adjustments. Likewise on the T essay. I tried it as a Q&A, just to see what would happen. Better, I think. I still need to address the link between the S and the O.

Also am firmly back to work on F&M!

Spooky Links

Best Burgers 2005 from Austin City Guide. (I don't eat mammals because of FM-K, but the best turkey burger is at Hyde Park Bar & Grill).

Comic of the Week: Batgirl #69 (Mrs. Freeze defrosted; who thought I'd live to see the day?)