Monday, October 31, 2005

Whole Foods Horrors

Swung by the Whole Foods headquarters store for some spicy salmon brown rice sushi (it is, after all, a holiday)!

Spotted a mid-life woman in a Seuss hat near the chocolate fountain, an angel in cosmetics, a baby devil at the pizza service, a witch at checkout, and a (human) baby Dalmation and toddler princess (in pink!) in the parking garage.

Also stopped by my P.O. Box to discover that AD had sent me a Wonder Woman Pez dispenser (oh, happy day!), which will go on permanent display in my office next to my WW lunch box, and an American Greetings card that asks: Where do vampires learn to suck blood? Answer: Law school. (Class of '94 here!) Brilliant! Thanks, AD!

One of my characters--Marie Headbird from Rain Is Not My Indian Name (HarperCollins, 2001)(Listening Library, 2001) was a Pez collector--and thus Pez is especially dear to my heart. As for my love of WW and all thing vampire, well, y'all already knew about that.