Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Neurotic But Happy Author

I sent off my copyedits with an email saying they're incoming. Then, after talking to GLS last night about LB style, I sent another note clarifying that "STET" meant "no change" and "OK" meant "change accepted." I'm sure she thinks I'm a lunatic, but apparently for LB, "OK as is" means "no change," which is the exact opposite.

You see what I mean: I am a lunatic.

In any case, I sent the package via FedEx with a "If you've got it, haunt it" card, which features a vampy chick on the front and was released by Hallmark last year (I stocked up).

Then GLS took me to Threadgill's (the original, not the touristy south one) for dinner (bronzed catfish, broccoli cheese casserole, and green bean casserole)--you have to love a place where so many of the listed "vegetables" have meat in them and others are listed under a non-dairy subgroup.

Then we hit The Driskill for drinks--no ghost incidents in the ladies room this time (though it's now $10 a glass for wine that sells for $15 a bottle). That said, the pianist was divine!

Must run errands today as copyedits went yesterday and VC packets arrive tomorrow!

Spooky Link

Australian scientists spark controversy with a discovery of small bones suggesting the existence of a prehistoric 'hobbit'-like species from Time magazine.