Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Last night, GLS and I hit a signing at the Barnes & Noble Sunset Valley. I picked up a copy of Texas Ghost Stories: Fifty Favorites for the Telling by Tim Tingle and Doc Moore (Texas Tech University Press, 2004). TT is one of my fave Texas authors and a first-rate speaker.

In other news, I'm vexed to discover that the University of Kansas "has announced it will no longer use the Jayhawk logo on official letter head and business cards because the bird is 'too fun and informal.'" I'm a graduate in news/editorial and public relations of the William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications, and I love the Jayhawk! Source: Sports Illustrated (May 8, 2006), which incidentally has a cover article on LA.

Spooky Link

Stuff on My Cat: "Stuff + Cats = Awesome." Big thanks to the heavenly LB for this one!