Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"I Capture the Castle"

Of late I've watched the film "I Capture the Castle" (2003) and do recommend it. According to the Internet Movie Database, it's based on a 1948 novel by Dodie Smith (also author of 101 Dalmations).

While most viewers will be swept in by the various love-story threads, I was more taken with the arc of the father character, who after the release of a spectacularly received first novel hadn't written in more than twelve years. The solution devised by our heroine Cassandra was not only inspired, it brought the concept of BIC to a whole new level.

Fellow "Buffy" fans will recognize Marc Blucas, who played Riley Finn, in the role of Neil. His performance in "I Capture the Castle" is equally inspired. (Take that as you will). Speaking of fellow Scoobies, here's sending a wave to BH.