Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm...game?

Wanna meet some people serious about taxidermy?

Head to your local Cabela's. We're talking mounted deer heads, full deer bodies--cough--musk ox, polar bear, artic fox, moose, otter, beaver, a full flock of geese suspended on wire from the ceiling!?

You name it, they've killed it. Surreal. The average natural history museum doesn't have a rival collection.

GLS and I zipped down I-35 South to Buda today to pick up a target for my archery practice. I shoot targets, not animals. Don't get me wrong. I'm a non-hypocrite carnivore with hunting uncles/cousins. I'm not judging. I'm just completely freaked out.

In more important news, I've found the best breakfast in town: Huevos Borrachos Con Queso--two eggs scrambled Mexican style with tomatoes, onions, and serranos. Finished with queso Amarillo, hold the refried beans. Go to Maudies' Tex-Mex, 2608 W. 7th; don't miss the rotating multicolor wall light display.

Dinner tonight was wild boar chops with mushroom sauce over whole wheat couscous and broccoli, courtesy of chef GLS. Who says I can't be a girl of the wild frontier?