Saturday, September 30, 2006

All About E

If you're on one of my writing e-lists, you may notice me getting a lot quieter for a while. With my speeches (90%) ready to go, my office cleaned, and my Santa Knows (Dutton, 2006) and Tantalize (Candlewick, 2007) promo prep about as far along as I can take it, I'm moving E up to the top of my priority list.

Don't get me wrong. Events and grading also are forthcoming, but the mss will rise to the top of the pile. So, I'm Craft Woman again, which feels good.

To get started on the mega revision, I've made my ceremonial trip to OfficeMax to buy three legal size expanding wallet folders and some heart-shaped Post-it notes. Step two will be to read through the previous draft. I was going to start completely over, which I so love to do and have already done on this project. But I do want to preserve the setting, minor characters, and a couple of scenes.

By the way, I'll be posting this link to Cynsations next week, but if you'd like a peek, Authorlink is featuring a new interview with GLS and I about Santa Knows.