Sunday, September 17, 2006

Let Me Check My Calendar...

Wow, I fielded five event invitations today! That strikes me as a lot, even with everyone settled into the school year. I wish I could say "yes" to them all, but I book fast--usually a year in advance for distance gigs, though local ones can be more last minute--and have to reserve time for my writing and teaching.

For existing fall 06 events, so far I've written two major speeches and have one more keynote and three more panels to go. On one of the panels, I need to wait to hear from the coordinator for more info, but otherwise, I plan to finish up immediately after round two of VC packets, which are starting to arrive today. This will hopefully include my first foray into PowerPoint (feel free to mock; I know I'm late on the bus).

Today's highlight was lunch with LG (author interview) at Suzi's North. We had a great time chatting. What an inspirational woman!

Spooky Links

Santa Clauses Come to Town: At a workshop in San Dimas, dozens of St. Nicks make lists-- of tips-- brush up on their ho-hos and learn how to be nice, not naughty. By Jean Merl, Staff Writer, from The Los Angeles Times. September 17, 2006. Thanks to publicist Rebecca Grose of SoCal Public Relations for sending this link.

"What Kind of Shapeshifter are You?" from Amelia Atwater-Rhodes at Random House. Note: I'm an avian.