Saturday, September 30, 2006

Inflatable Snowman

Inspired by our upcoming party, GLS and I decided to invest in some outdoor lighting from Lowes.

The holiday decorations were going up at the store, and they included a 12' inflatable plastic snowman whose lower half is a "snow globe" that housed an inflatable Santa, another inflatable snowman, and a Christmas tree. It sort of suggests that the giant snowman swallowed the rest.

The "globe" portion includes some sort of fan to blow what looks like small Styrofoam balls. Retails for $179. It's kind of stunning.

Yesterday, I had a lunch with GB at Castle Hill Cafe to discuss a suprise I'm not quite ready to unveil to Spookycyn readers (but will soon!). I had the Spicy Szechuan "Hacked" Chicken Salad on field greens and Napa cabbage with corn relish, honey walnuts, fried dumplings, and sesame-ginger Dressing, but I was too busy chatting to eat much of it.

GLS took me to dinner last night at Hyde Park Bar and Grill though, and I was wowed by a special appetizer--Red Chile Shrimp Satay (Black tiger shrimp on bamboo skewers, painted with red chile and grilled, served with a satay sauce and topped with roasted peanuts). Very spicy!

It's also been a while since I've had a supernatural sighting, but I'm positive I spotted a tiny green fairie walking north on a sidewalk on Duval.