Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring in Bloom

Spring lasts just a few glorious, rainy, flowery weeks in Austin before the heat settles in, but it's just heavenly.

I looked outside this morning and saw that the trees were leafing, the squirrels chowing down on the food I left in their box a couple of days ago.

It's a quiet week here, though I look forward to lunches with JL and TC on Thursday as well as with JZ on Friday.

I also have a signing at 2 p.m. March 17 at Barnes & Noble Round Rock. Vampires for St. Patty's Day!

More personally, I've been catching up on my reading, recommending, and author interviews as well as playing with MySpace, walking on the treadmill, and trying to figure out my PowerPoint projector situation.

GLS and I are re-watching "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" season seven. Willow just came home from England. Whedonverse does an excellent job of showing the costs of magic, which in many ways is a breaking point between fantasy stories of high quality and those (however popular) that are largely wish fulfillment.