Sunday, January 30, 2005

My Sharona No More?

I'm greatly vexed to learn that actress Bitty Schram "Sharona" has left my much-beloved show "Monk," supposedly because of a contract dispute. I would give her more money. I have, let's see... Forty-two dollars in my purse right now. Hm, maybe if a lot of people chipped in.

On the manuscript front, I'm up to 5,301 words, which translates to 23 pages and four single-spaced pages of additional notes.

I can already see opportunities to expand, but I don't want to go backwards at this point.

I'm just reading what I have each night before bed and then making whatever additional notes occur to me. I often get the best ideas as my brain is unclenching for the day.

Sometimes, just as I'm about to go to sleep, I come up with something, then I have to turn on the light and scribble it down so I won't forget (if I don't write it down, I will forget). Then I'm not sleepy anymore.