Tuesday, January 04, 2005

"The Stepford Wives"

I watched "The Stepford Wives" last night and found it a fairly amusing horromedy. The downside is that it's very "star" studded and you can never lose yourself in the characters what with the awareness that it's Glen Close, Nicole Kidman, Matthew Broderick, and Bette Midler playing them. (Not that I don't admire each of those actors; maybe just too many names?). But the film still brings up some gender and comformity issues worth talking about. I found the parked line of SUVs at the Stepford Spa entertaining, and (ducking) it's hard not to recognize certain suburbs amidst its manicured lawns.

Received a note from my editor saying the mss is in her office "Hooray!" and that she looks forward to reading it. I am not thinking about it. The fact that I reported that tidbit does not mean I'm thinking about it. Really. I swear.

Playing around with a few pages of something related to see if they're worth fighting for. Not much to say yet except that the voice is a surprise plus.