Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

Inspired by my earlier posts on Sabine/Dominic from The Seer series by Linda Joy Singleton, Jadzia/Worf from "DS9," and Willow/Oz, Willow/Tara, and Giles/Jenny from "Buffy," I received a note from a reader wanting to know my other TV/movie shipper-doms.

Some fave fictional couples from TV/movie cannon include: Joanie/Chachi from "Happy Days;" Leia/Han from "Star Wars;" Starbuck/Athena from "Battlestar Gallactica;" Catwoman/Batman, Black Canary/Green Arrow, and Oracle/Nightwing from DC Comics; and Mary Jane/Peter from "Ultimate Spider-Man." I'm also willing to admit having read some Wonder Woman/Batman, Rogue/Wolverine from "The X-Men" movies (with an adult Rogue); and Mulder/Scully from "The X-Files" fanfiction in my day (with apologies to the copyright holders).

However, my hands-down fave couple of TV today is: Schmidt/Denny Crane from "Boston Legal." Are you watching this? We're talking Candice Bergen, William Schatner, James Spader, and Betty White all in the same show. I adore Betty White.

Speaking of, a Valentine's kiss goes out to the other half of my favorite relationship!

Thought O The Day: it's impossible to be spooky while drinking diet cherry 7UP in a pink cotton dress, so I won't even try.