Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Waiting Game

G is now reading the mss for me, has been since about 8:30 p.m. So far just asked one really relevant, totally obvious logic question. Easy to answer, but again, something that was in my head not on the page.

Am reading Missing Abby by Lee Weatherly (David Fickling Books), which is an '05 Edgar finalist. By the way, if you're really into mysteries, definitely check out Bringing Mysteries Alive for Children and Young Adults by Jeanette Larson (Linworth, 2004).

I would be reading this book (Missing Abby) sooner or later anyway; it's in my stack with the other Edgar books I hadn't already read. But I'm doing so right now so as not to hover over G asking, "So what do you think?" a billion times while he's trying to concentrate.

Nevertheless, I'd really like to know what he thinks. Arg! Fortunately, Missing Abby is so far most entertaining.