Friday, February 11, 2005

Turf

I was feeling somewhat guilty that Greg had caught my flu until he took over the sunroom, which is my favorite writing space, to sprawl on the daybed, look miserable, and watch "Star Trek" episodes. Now, I'm still sympathetic, but I want my writing space back.

Undaunted, however, I did get three pages of F&M down this afternoon.

Total words: 14,029 with four or five outlined scenes to go. That'll probably put me at about 20,000 words of first draft for a manuscript that--if I had to guess--ultimately will end up in the 40,000+ word range.

I'm breaking my usual rough draft between midnight and four a.m. habit. However, I suspect that will be firmly back in place for draft two, which in many ways will be the (I hope) more fully realized foundation for the manuscript.