Friday, February 04, 2005

Sweep Three

Received an email of additional revision comments that despite disclaimers look far more manageable than the last round and also include some welcome praise. I'm called both a "great reviser" and "brilliant," which, as I said in my reply, makes me a (blood) sucker for more. Anyway, all totally expected since we were so ambitious in our last sweep. In many ways, it's like an all-new story. A better one, at that.

I can't wait to dig back in, but I'm mulling first while awaiting the marked mss. I think it'll be more clear what she means if I can see it in direct context of the print out. Very smart, thoughtful editor. I'm optimistic that the book will be all it can or at least as close to that as is reasonably attainable.

Right now, I've stuck one scribbled Post-It onto the letter. I'll be picking it up and putting it down, I'm sure, over the next few days until the mail arrives.

Continued on with the new WIP. Still fun. Somewhat convoluted political landscape, but I did that last time and have since clarified things. It's just brainstorming, I think, so I'm not about to hem myself in so early on. Who knows where a stray thought may lead? WC: 9,765.