Friday, June 10, 2005

Phobias

"Close the window and come back to bed.
There's an old
'Sex In The City' scenario I've been dying to try out."
-- Lois Lane, Superman #218

Last night, at Central Market north, I picked up Phobias: Knowledge Cards: A Charles Harrington Elster Word Deck (from Pomegranate Communications, Inc.).

I'm fascinated by phobias, and as I've mentioned before, I have a fear of lettuce. You think that's weird? Check the deck. It's nada.

Those that were most mysterious to me:

lepidophobia: fear of butterflies (Mothra?);

dinosauriaphobia: fear of dinosaurs (saw Jurassic Park one too many times?);

levophobia: fear of (things to) the left (needs to turn off Fox News?);

aulophobia: fear of flutes (bad breakup with Pied Piper?);

papyrophobia: fear of paper (must be a writers' ailment).

Spooky Links

Author Interview: Cecil Castellucci on Boy Proof from cynsations.

Take a peek at VVV's The Book of Mordred; coming in August!