Sunday, August 13, 2006

"Dead Man's Chest"

GLS and I saw "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest" at Alamo Drafthouse on South Lamar. It was a much-welcome escapistic romp. Loved the sea phantoms' design. I'm sad to say the popcorn was disappointing, warmed over and stale. I appreciated the real butter though.

I'm doing a lot of nuts-and-bolts stuff at the moment--working on promotion, organizing my office for a new semester with new students, sending out author/illustrator interview requests and questions, that sort of thing. I went to Office Depot Friday afternoon and copied my recent publicity for the file and to CC to interested parties.

I'm between project phases, waiting on a letter on F&M (though exceedingly jazzed to be receiving said letter). It fusses with my internal momentum when I'm not actively writing or in speaking mode. Too much empty head time, I suppose. I fret upcoming speeches, releases, the renewed trendiness of Elvis-style sideburns, and the like, which are largely out of my control. No worries, though. When it comes to keeping busy, this fall promises to be a doozy.

In the meantime, maybe I should return to Office Max and buy paperclips or file folders or to fondle the pens. Supplies always energize me.