Thursday, August 24, 2006

I Wonder How Much The Pens Cost?

So I'm reading magazines in the waiting room of Westlake Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery. (GLS is having a standard med checkup; he's not having "work" done). And I pick up a copy of Harper's Bazaar.

I'm greatly amused to find on page 16 that Prada Notebooks are the latest trend. You, too, can have one for $250-$295 by calling 888.977.1900. They're leather bound and come in various styles and patterns.

As the magazine notes, "What could be better than a designer notebook?"

I feel somewhat compelled to mention that the first draft of my first book, Jingle Dancer (Morrow/HarperCollins, 2000) was scribbled on the back of a used envelope that I pulled from a trash can at St. Edward's University, back when I was tutoring freshmen in English Comp. I'm just saying...