Thursday, August 31, 2006

Preparing the North Pole

I just finished the first round of VC packets, and among other things, found myself quoting Gozer. A stack of mss to critique for the upcoming Austin SCBWI conference arrived immediately thereafter.

I look forward to them, but I'm going to take a break from reading to work on promotion for Santa Knows (Dutton, 2006). I'm putting together a fact sheet on Santa Claus and filling out interview questions for the media kit my publicist is assembling. That should keep me busy this weekend.

In other news, GLS and I had dinner at Musashino last night. The new chairs make the place look more upscale, less tiki bar, but how I missed the old ones. They were more comfortable. I had miso soup, an avocado kama, salmon sashimi, some of GLS's shrimp tempura, and an asparagus tempura roll.

On the writing front, F&M is now tentatively titled E.