Saturday, October 07, 2006

Re E-Merging

Yesterday I hd clearance to work on E, so I did. It was wonderful. I settled in the sunroom with a cat (Leo) and a glass of iced tea, popped open my new laptop, and began reinvisioning the story. Because I've already written two different full versions and had some idea of where I was going, I simply started writing a summary of the novel. It's about nine pages, single spaced. I'm also doing through my notes to pull setting descriptions.

GLS and I are watching season 4 "Monk." I have a real affection for John Tuturro's Ambrose, Adrian's brother who doesn't leave the house (at least by choice).

Spooky News & Links

What you should be reading this month: All Hallows Eve: 13 Stories by Vivian Vande Velde (Harcourt, 2006). Or, in other words, "Thirteen tales of Halloween horrors, including ghosts, vampires, and pranks gone awry."

The October 10 YA Authors Cafe Chat will be have a supernatural theme in honor of Halloween. Guest Host Marlene Perez (author of the forthcoming Dead Is The New Black) will interview guests Melissa de la Cruz, author of Blue Bloods, and Bev Katz Rosenbaum, author of I Was a Teenaged Popsicle (Berkley, 2006). The chats are held on Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. EST, 5:30 Pacific. Go to www.yaauthorscafe.com and click the chatroom icon to enter the chat.