Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cornish Game Hen and Shrimp

In 2001, GLS and I took my advance from Rain Is Not My Indian Name (HarperCollins, 2001) and, after ALA-Chicago, flew to Paris. To the George V Four Seasons, to be precise. We still bask in memories of the experience.

At the hotel restaurant, we had the most divine chicken-and-lobster dish, which GLS replicated for me (using shrimp instead of lobster and Cornish game hen instead of chicken) tonight using a recipe from Chubby Hubby: One Pot Meal: Musings on Food, Wine, and Marriage.

I'm now halfway through grading VC packets and, going through the mail, found a lovely thank-you note from DCR (author interview). I had a chance to chat with NJO at KWH's signing at BookPeople yesterday, and NJO mentioned how much she loved DCR's workshop in conjunction with Austin SCBWI. I've heard great things about this event from a lot of the participants. DCR is a gem!