Thursday, April 20, 2006

Micah by Laurell K. Hamilton

Production is ongoing for Tantalize (Candlewick, March 2007). I received my first pages on Tuesday. They look like book pages! What is it about professionally typesetting text that makes it read so much better?

In any case, this is my last chance to make major changes before it will cost the publishing company money (translation: put on the thinking cap now). I have critique group tonight and a dinner tomorrow, so it'll be a focus of this weekend.

Last night I read Micah by Laurell K. Hamilton (Jove Books, 2006), and I think it came out only in paperback because it's more like a really long short story--sort of a slice-of-life piece on the Micah-Anita relationship. The upshot is that Micah is a quality guy who's been through a lot and is devoted to Anita. It looks like Danse Macabre (Berkley Books, July 2006) will be a more traditional blockbuster. I look forward to it.

In other news, I had a lovely lunch yesterday with JW (author interview) at Enoteca Vespaio on South Congress. Try any of the salads. I have a brunch today at Magnolia on Lake Austin Boulevard.