Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Postal Purgatory

Did I say I had three scenes to go on this draft of F&M yesterday? Funny, I wrote a four-page scene today, and when I was done, I still had three to go. Hm. How did that happen?

Today I also had a Stephen-King-esque post office experience. It was the line that would not end, peopled by people with whom I did not want to spend eternity. One postal worker, four empty registers at the main desk. There was a cranky factor.

Forty-five minutes later, I climbed into the Olds, turned on the ignition, and looked behind me just in time to see two cars behind me crash into one another. Needless to say, my quick trip to the P.O. took longer than anticipated.

On the upside FH and BY came by tonight with lovely flowers and red wine to chat writing, reading, and life for a while.