Monday, April 17, 2006

First Bite

GLS, as usual, was my first reader on F&M. He didn't seem to find any major structural or character issues, which at this stage is possibly as unsettling as validating. We did brainstorm on a few treatments of specific plot points, though, and I'll key in changes accordingly.

Two members of my crit group are teachers, so I'm not even going to consider tossing it their way until I get the all-clear on their schedules. But I will share one of the new scenes at group later this month.

Now, what I really need to do is let it sit, sit, sit. The next couple of weeks will be mostly devoted to writing a talk and a couple of articles. Or maybe writing a couple of articles, one of which will be a talk. Once I'm "in" a novel, not working on it is almost painful. Big drama-queen sigh.