Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy 80th, JW

Took my fabu new 'do from Bo Salon (2004 S. Congress) to JW's 80th b-day party in Buda this weekend at the Manchaca Firehouse Cafe. Luminaries in attendance included: AB (author interview), FH, BY, DHA (author interview) and TS. The family served fried fish, french fries, hushpuppies, cole slaw, and cakes decorated to look like JW's cover art. JW is the author of Earthscapes and The World According to Rock.

GLS and I passed Easter Sunday quietly, watching "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe," which seemed appropriate enough. He made shrimp creole for dinner.

I've had a sort of rough weekend. My eye was bothering me again, though it's better now. I'd also like to thank TLS (author interview), NW (author interview), LB (author interview), EB, CPK, SP, LG, FB (author interview) for their words O wisdom and LR (author interview) for that and the extra TLC. Most appreciated.