Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sticky Hearts

First reader response in and quickly. Heart stickers on the cover page read "Be Happy" "You're Cool" "My friend" and "Happy times!"

I will never outgrow praise in sticker form.

She said: "You can make these edits in an hour! Knowing you, fifteen minutes. :-)" It was more like three hours, but no complaining. It was time well spent.

A lot of what I did was remind the reader of this or that fact pattern detail. It's a relatively long mss, and I have to keep in mind everybody else hasn't poured over it a kajillion times. Global issues included a mythology clarification, a temporal clarification, and a character-motive clarification. Some line editing, lots of smiley faces, scribbled observations and encouragement.

Things I had to research: Novocain; whether Texas is a community property state (it is).

Most appreciated!

P.S. Fiddling with some chapter titles. Might break one into two.