Friday, November 04, 2005

Esme Incoming

Quiet week before the storm of November. I went to Bo Salon yesterday (new salon on South Congress, just a door or two south of Magnolia Cafe South). Barbara gave me a trim and a sort of reddish brown wash thing, just for fun. I highly recommend her. Also, it's worth getting your hair washed there just for the vibrating chairs.

I've been nursing my alpha kitty Mercury, who has an infection and stones in his bladder. He's on a special diet, which he likes better than the old one. GLS and I are taking him into the vet today, and I'm hopeful that there's been some positive progress over the course of the week.

Woke up this morning with a blazing sore throat, canceled my dentist appointment, and am spending as much of the day as possible in bed reading for SP.

Austinites are invited to swing by the Austin SCBWI "Celebrating Our Success" meeting at 10:30 a.m. to noon at Barnes & Noble Westlake tomorrow and encouraged to attend the Esme Raji Codell signing at 2 p.m. at BookPeople at 6th and Lamar later that same day. (I seriously hope to be better by then; it may just be the ragweed.)