Monday, November 21, 2005

Sketches for Santa Knows

GLS and I came home from Quartz Mountain to find illustrator Steve Bjorkman's early art sketches for our upcoming picture book Santa Knows (Dutton, 2006). They're amazing! Fun, funny, emotion packed--wow! N looks a little older than we'd imagined and more spirited, and that really improves the overall book. And don't get me started on those elves in progress--hysterical. Can't wait to show my crit group next Monday. Tonight, GLS and I will gather our happy thoughts to report back to the house.

Checking e-mail brought more good news as my Dutton editor has sent comments on H. I'm so busy pouring over the abovementioned art and reading VC packets that I haven't actually opened the file yet, but I have all faith in his genius.

Spooky News & Links

Remember when I was singing the praises of Computer Nerdz? Well, get this: in my big stack of mail, I found a thank you letter for the shout out and $25 gift certificate for my next service call. (Apparently CNs Google themselves just like the rest of us). Was that a thoughtful surprise or what?! Definitely a class act. Highly recommended again.