Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

I'm starting to think about holiday gifts and the upcoming VC residency. The former are a challenge because so many folks on my list are long-distance. Shopping online is super convenient, though. That's probably the way I'll go. Or a combination of online and catalog.

My main concern about the VC residency is weather-friendly clothing. I've been in Austin some seven years and changed sizes and literally have nothing left of my Chicago wear. I'm considering checking out camping stores for thinner weight but more insular clothes, though probably layers are the way to go because I'll be in and out and can peel if needed. OTOH, I'll be traveling alone and have not much in the way of upper body strength. If any VC folks are out there, any advice would be appreciated.