Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Paraskevidekatriaphobia

Keying in changes from reading everything I have up to this point on the WIP. I've made notes, too, on two scenes, one from the POV of each main characters, that fall somewhere near the front. I think I'm not going to write them now, but rather keep going. That way, after I set down to cool and pick up the mss again, I'll have assignments waiting for me that force me back into the groove.

Also had lunch today with FH at Katz's (turkey ham, swiss, lettuce, tomato--hold the bread). Wanna hear something spooky? Both of our fathers died on a Friday, the 13th. As a result, we suffer from paraskevidekatriaphobia.

Staff picks at BookPeople today include Freaks: Alive on the Inside by Annette Curtis Klause (Simon & Schuster, 2006)(author interview); Grand & Humble by Brent Hartinger (HarperCollins, 2006)(author interview); and Ask Me No Questions by Marina Budhos (Atheneum, 2006)(author interview)(recommendation)(excerpt).