Monday, June 12, 2006

Cooling Off

Gothic fantasy goddess ACK (author interview) has turned in a glowing blurb for Tantalize (Candlewick, March 2007). I'm filled with the happy!

Today, our critique group went to the UT Club for happy hour and manuscript feedback. The service was tacos and margaritas. The queso was excellent. I brought a re-written, expanded and moved-up scene of F&M. The story is told in alternating POV and one of SP's suggestions was to move that scene up so that it occured after the two protagonists had met. He also thought it would be good to actually show (rather than cut away from) the scary part and perhaps also use it as a catalyst to D's internal journey. Genius! The dynamic trio of SP, AB (author interview), and TC offered great polish suggestions. [I also brought an interior design element because, you know, I live for those.]

In other important news, our new upstairs air conditioner was installed, and I'm no longer melting. It's almost awe-inspiring. I'm surprised that when air conditioning was first introduced in Texas that it didn't spark a new religion. Repeat after me: "Oooo, cool."