Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ooo La La

GLS and I cruised down to San Antonio Friday evening for dinner with JFH and her husband at Paesono's. I gobble so much grand calamari that I hardly had any room left for my chicken marsala. Must climb back on treadmill ASAP.

Saturday morning we went to a bring-your-own-lunch, Austin area writer-illustrator get together at MD's house on the lake. I brought some spicy-tuna-and-avocado brown rice sushi from Whole Foods.

Attendees included CB, BXD, FH, LG (author interview), TC, AL (author interview), JL (author interview), JP, SP, MS and BY. Great publications on display included BXD's story in "Spider" and LG's latest release.

The fabulous AL brought me a powder blue University of Paris T-shirt. I am filled with the happy. My previous one has literally worn out since I bought it in, well, 1991. I did study abroad in Paris, focussing on European Community law and the French legal system. Ooo La La. Well, not the law part, but the Paris part.

That afternoon, I keyed in line edits and notes for revision on my master copy of F&M.

Last night, GLS and I watched "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement," which had a wonderful supporting cast but was too much a repeat than a reinvention. That said, it's worth watching for Julie Andrews, Hector Elizondo, and John Rhys-Davies. Joel McCray is great, too.