Friday, June 09, 2006

Multitasking

I've been grading VC packets and writing end-of-semester evaluations, coordinating upcoming events with planners, getting organized to promote Santa Knows (Dutton, 2006), and corresponding with my editor about copyediting questions on Tantalize (Candlewick, 2007).

I'm especially jazzed this week on the latter because one of my interior formatting suggestions seems to be a go (I had to write some new text and fiddle to make the line breaks work). Also, I'm starting to hear some raves from folks who've managed to snag the rare ARC. The next step will be reviewing second pass pages with (hopefully) all the corrections.

Miraculously, I'm also making time to continue writing. I've fulfilled my last set of revision goals on F&M, and I intend to continue tinkering on the new scenes in preparation for next week's critique group meeting. Because July will be so busy, I probably won't see them again until August, so I want to get some initial feedback on the more sweeping changes.