Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Driven To Write

Two chapters rough drafted today. One at Q's home and the other at Q's school. In between, I took a break to do the mail and groceries. (Btw, I love the new electronic self-service postage machines; and if you like spicy, try the solar hummus at Central Market).

Anyway, I'm driving down Enfield and the entire motivation for a secondary antagonist hits me. What to do? I grab a spare piece of paper and pen from my purse, all the while listening to 103.5 Bob FM, and trying not to wreck the Oldsmobile.

I have this theory that Austin roads are more dangerous because of all the artsy people who're driven by the muse while driving.

By the way, is it just me or do we have the highest number per capital SUVs with environmental-awareness bumper stickers?

Anyway, three new chapters to go (I think).