Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Neurotic

Okay, so I gave Greg the mss to read, and he's (a) wanting stuff back in that the editor wanted out--at least with regard to the Q/D relationship and (b) totally confused because Q/K are no longer drifting apart, they're imploding.

I keeping the changes to (a) because I really do think DW is right and the betrayal is more poignant if there's a more substantial guardian relationship in place but (b) is basically carnage from the previous draft that I've yet to edit out.

Along these same lines, I realized I summarized in one paragraph a plot point that should manifest in three or four separate scenes, and because I've shifted the plot, I have a logic inconsistency in the fantasy element. Both fixed as of today. As in I wrote the new scenes today.

You know what it is? You can never, ever, ever get away with past referencing something that actually makes a difference. Show, don't tell. I swear.

Hello, wheel, I'm reinventing you. Anyway...

Greg is bewildered by this as I didn't give him a chance to finish the draft before revising to comments, so he's starting over again tomorrow. He's a decent soul.

Also Dianna sent me a nifty, witchy Halloweeen postcard today and called me her "sweet, spooky friend." It made me feel absolutely Mulder-esque.

Must run; have to research the various symbolism behind turquoise.